4 Interesting Facts about ISO 45001 Certification
Which are to prime concerns within a workplace? of course, health and safety! The increasing number of workplace deaths and injuries has driven the business towards ISO 45001 Standard. The International Organization for Standardization ISO developed this standard to help companies ensure the health and safety of their employees. You would be surprised to learn that this particular ISO certification is the first international standard for Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S).
For Which Organization is ISO 45001 Standard Suitable?
ISO 45001 Standard can be adopted by any organization, regardless of the size and the nature of the business. This standard is developed to implement occupational health and safety framework into an existing business setup. Therefore, any company eager to strengthen workplace safety is free to embrace this standard.
Major Benefits of this Standard
Major Benefits of ISO 45001 Certification include:
- It reduces workplace accidents and injuries.
- It also reduces staff turnover.
- ISO 45001 boosts productivity.
- It lowers insurance costs compensation.
- Enables an organization to meet the legal and other conformities.
What makes this standard different from the rest of OH&S standards?
ISO designed its occupational health and safety standards keeping in mind the features of other relevant standard. From the beginning of its journey, this standard set itself aside from the rest of a similar kind.
Listed below are the features that make the standard unique:
- Experts from 70 countries worldwide have provided inputs to build the standard.
- It is the most popular internationally acknowledged Occupational Health and Safety.
How to Integrate ISO 45001 into your Management System?
ISO 45001 Standard contains a high-level structure (HLS), identical core texts, and terms and definitions. You will be able to integrate the Occupational Health and Safety Management System easily into your business management system by following some points discussed below:
- Have a look at the existing business management system to understand how to align your business objectives and the current operations with the requirements of the personal standard.
- Contact ISO expert to outline a perfect development and implementation plan.
- Before implementation, Test the system minutely.
- Even after implementation, keep checking the performance of the system.
These are the four interesting facts about ISO 45001, which you must learn before planning the implementation process. Now you are good to go!