What is Halal Certification?
Halal Certification is a third-party verification that products, processes, or systems in the supply chain meet accepted Halal Standards. The Halal Certification is the best marketing tool for food products. If you plan to export food, then Halal Certification is essential. It helps to assure the Muslim people in importing countries. With the help of the Halal Certificate, you can improve your business sale and achieve your business goal. This certificate assures customers that the product served is a hygienic, healthy, and halal procedure.
- Meet the requirements of Islamic Law, Legislation, and regulations in force.
- Free from non-halal ingredients.
- Free from items of religious purpose.
- Meet the requirements of good hygiene practices.
What are Halal and Haram?
Halal is an Arabic term that means “Permissible or Lawful.” Halal is related to Islam and its nutritional legality. Guidelines are particularly associated with meat processed and organized in line with the necessities of the legal guidelines.
Conversely, Haram is an Arabic period approaching “Prohibited or Forbidden.” In line with the Quran, numerous merchandise might be Haram for the fans of Islam. These are alcohol, lifeless animals earlier than slaughter, blood and its merchandise use, red meat, and stunning meat (without Halal technique).
What are Halal Products and Services?
According to Shariah Law and Fatwa, Halal Products do not contain any parts or products of animals that are non-halal to Muslims or products of animals that are not slaughtered. According to Shariah Law,
- It does not contain any ingredients that are najis.
- According to Shariah Law and Fatwa, it is not prepared, processed, or manufactured using equipment contaminated with things that are najis.
- The food or its ingredients do not contain any human parts or its derivatives that Shariah Law and Fatwa do not permit, and
- During its preparation, processing, packaging, storage, or transportation, the food is physically separated from any other food that does not meet the requirements decreed as najis by Shariah Law and Fatwa.
What are the benefits of Halal Certification?
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification ensures customer confidence in every product it approves. Some of the benefits of Halal Certification include:
- Increased Customer Base
- Quality Control
- Increased Customer Confidence
- Professional Advice
- Opportunities for Export Growth
- Marketing Opportunities
Suppose you are a producer, restaurant, abattoir, pharmacy, manufacturer, supplier, exporter, or distributor of food or personal customer goods. In that case, Halal Certification is a gateway for your products to reach millions globally.
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification guarantees a professional service Islamically compliant with Sharia standards. Businesses have an opportunity for expansion and development with our positive contribution to the growing Halal Market.
What is the Halal Certification Process?
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification has designed a simple step-by-step process for your company’s convenience to achieve Halal Certification. Our experienced professionals know how to identify your company’s needs and execute your certification to maximize your company’s potential in this rapidly growing industry. Here is the process of Halal Certification:
1. Initial Enquiry
We understand that some customers may not have experience dealing with the Halal Industry, which can seem like a daunting task. When you contact the TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification, you will complete the enquiry form and view an overview of our services.
2. Application and Overview
Customers complete the enquiry form free of charge and upload product lists, ingredient specifications, and process flowcharts for review and approval. It provides a comprehensive understanding of your business to establish if your products are Halal suitable and ensure you receive an agreement that is clear and competitive.
3. Service Agreement
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification designs a customized agreement tailored from standard pricing best suited for your company’s needs and sends it for your initial signature, date, and return.
4. Product Review
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification’s Halal Quality Assurance Team reviews ingredients flowcharts and any supporting documentation for Halal Compliance. Product and Facility clarifications may be requested as needed to be approved.
5. Facility Audit
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification’s Auditor works with your Quality Assurance team to schedule your facility audit or audits. A Halal facility audit generally can take a few hours to complete.
The TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification will send your soft and hard copy official certificates bearing your company’s name, address, Certified Products, and Facilities upon completion. We will send our logo for placement on your company’s products. Annual Facility and Product Certificates are issued upon payment and renewed annually.
What are Halal Certification Requirements?
Halal Certification is becoming mainstream in the food industry. As the worldwide Muslim population has crossed 1.6 billion, the demand for producing and packaging foods processed according to Islamic dietary laws using chicken, mutton, beef, and other ingredients is growing day & night. The requirements of Halal Certification are:
- Management Responsibility
- Devices, Utensils, Machines, and Processing Aids
- Hygiene Sanitation and Food Safety
- Processing of Halal Food
- Storage Transportation, Display, Sale, and Serving of Halal Food
- Packaging, Labeling, and Advertising
- Legal Requirements.
Halal Certification in Pakistan
Halal Certification in Pakistan indicates that the meals or items are acceptable to Muslims. No Haram Product or method is used simultaneously in production or processing. Halal Certification in Pakistan is a major requirement for food businesses.
What is Halal Certification Cost?
We cannot tell the exact price of Halal Certification. Since this is product-based certification, the cost depends on the number of manufactured products at the particular unit. However, it depends on several other factors, including the country of origin, auditing fees, accreditation, demand, or brand value.
In addition, most halal certification agencies are very private about their fees and keep this information as closely guarded as possible. Many see pricing as their competitive edge and disclosure as a threat to their existence.
Why Choose Us?
The Standard TUV has been developed in Pakistan to ensure full compliance with Islamic dietary laws, i.e., PS 3733:2016. It covers the issues related to Slaughtering / Zabiha and considers the ingredients & GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices). TUV Austria BIC. is the go-to brand name in the Pakistan food industry regarding food safety standards and accreditations.
Because of its work ethic, industry experience, and highly trained and experienced food experts, the food certification from TUV Austria BIC. is the most sought-after in Pakistan.
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification’s vast umbrella of certification services includes:
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management System
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System
- ISO 45001 – Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- ISO 55001 – Asset Management — Management Systems Requirements
- ISO 27001 – Information Security Management System
- ISO 20000 – IT Service Management System
- ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management System
- HACCP – Food Safety Management System
- ISO 21001 – Educational Organizations Management System
- ISO 29990 – Learning Services Management System
- ISO 20121 – Sustainability Event Management System
- ISO 22301 – Business Continuity Management System
- ISO 37001 – Anti-Bribery Management System
- ISO 28000 – Supply Chain Security Management System
- ISO 13485 – Quality Management Systems for Medical Devices
- ISO 39001 – Road Traffic Safety Management System
- ISO 31000 – Risk Management – Guidelines
- ISO 22716 – Good Manufacturing Practices for Cosmetics
What is Halal Food Certification?
Halal Food Certification is an act of carrying manufacturing process, packaging products, ingredients, handling, distribution channels used in the provision of products are Halal and not considered Haram.
Who can get Halal Certification?
- Anyone who is involved in Food Supply Chain Business.
- Anyone who is looking to sell products to Islamic Countries.
- Anyone who is targeting Islamic Followers as their primary customers.
How to get Halal Certification in Pakistan?
There are five steps to getting Halal Certification in Pakistan:
- Gap Analysis
- Awareness Training
- Document Support
- Internal Audit
- Final Audit.