What is ISO 29990:2010 Learning Services For Non-Formal Education And Training Certification?
In 2010 to provide a standard reference for learning service providers in the design, development, and delivery of non-formal education and training, ISO 29990 has been on the market for some years now. ISO 29990 consists of elements addressing services the implementing organization delivers and management system elements to support its activities.
The standard is used in more than 50 countries and is implemented by thousands of organizations and government agencies. Recognizing the complexity and diversity of the global market for learning services, ISO later published ISO 29993 to provide minimum requirements for learning services. At the same time, it developed ISO 21001 to give the education sector its management system standard.
ISO 29990 Standard shares similarities with many of the management system standards published by ISO, notably ISO 9001.
Development of ISO 29990
- Enhancing service quality in the field of learning.
- Enhancing the comparability and transparency of learning services.
- Optimizing business processes.
- Maximizing LSPS organizational effectiveness.
- Protecting leamers’ rights.
- Reducing the possibility of discrimination and technical trade barriers in transnational learning services caused by using national standards.
ISO 29990: Facts & Features
- ISO 29990 follows the PDCA cycle.
- The standard focuses on the competency of LSPS.
- It is intended to assist organizations and individuals in selecting an LSP who will meet the organization’s needs and expectations for competency and capability development.
- The standard can be used to certify LSPs for nonformal education such as Vocational training, life-long learning, and in-company training (either outsourced or in-house).
- ISO 29990 is not and should not be used as a replacement for the formal education system but can be used as a tool to improve the formal system.
What is ISO 29990 Certification?
ISO 29990 Certification is a standard for education and professional practice and speaks volumes about the LSP’s focus on delivering quality education. It also encourages you to meet learners’ undefined and implied needs, thus enabling you to offer well-designed training modules.
This standard emphasizes the outcome of the education process and sets up a structure to compare the training outcome against the learning objectives. ISO 29990 allows you to deliver quality services while continuously improving your operational effectiveness.
Advantages of ISO 29990 Certification
A Strong Reputation – Trust remains vital for customers and stakeholders in an increasingly complex business environment. Our worldwide recognized certification mark efficiently demonstrates your commitment to compliance and quality.
Enhance Processes – An ISO 29990 certification will help you enhance your existing processes and enable you to improve your internal quality potential significantly.
Enhance Credibility – ISO 29990 will enable you to tender work from official bodies.
Improve Marketability – As an LSP, your business gains global visibility and public trust by showing that you are committed to ensuring the integrity and excellence of your learning programs.
Reduce Costs – By following the standards required for ISO 29990, you eliminate redundant services from your processes and will be able to analyze and plan ahead for the ever-changing requirements of the industry. By acting swiftly, you will be able to mitigate risks.
Brand Building – Due to implementing standardized processes that adapt the PDCA cycle, recruiting expert training faculty, and offering state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities, you will become the preferred training provider of many learners and organizations.
What are the benefits of ISO 29990:2010?
Benefits for Learning Service Providers
- Outstanding performance during tendering work from official bodies.
- Globally marketability.
- Enhancement in internal quality potential.
- Transparently defined & documented processes.
- Enthusiastic and active trained experts participate in the development. Work on (PDCA) Cycle.
Benefits for Learners
- Adequate resources, including trainers with suitable competence, infrastructure, and learning environment.
- Evaluating criteria for Education.
- Advanced & Authentic processes.
- Transparency/comparability of services.
- Assuring quality, transparency, and comparability in educational institutions.
Benefits for Global Cooperation
- The base of development for international cooperation in the area of education and training
- Globally comparable benchmarks for the existence of quality.
- No deformation of the globally competitive market.
- Common unified standards/common understanding of quality.
What are the requirements of ISO 29990?
This standard has clauses as follows:
- Terms & Definitions
- Learning Services
- Determining Learning Needs
- Design of Learning Services
- Provision of Learning Services
- Monitoring the delivery of the Learning Services Management of the Learning Service Provider
- General Management Requirements
- Strategy & Business Management Management Review
- Preventive Actions & Corrective Actions
- Financial Management & Risk Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communication Management (External/Internal)
- Allocation of Resources
- Internal Audits
- Feedback from Interested Parties
How to Implement ISO 29990?
- Purchase your original copy of ISO 29990:2010 standard.
- Designate Quality Management Representative.
- Establish and document your processes and Quality Management System.
- Determine objectives.
- Establish a business plan, financial management system, and risk management system.
- Deliver the learning services by established processes.
- Monitor and measure the efficiency of learning services and compliance with procedures.
- Identify opportunities for improvements.
- Performance Audits/identify non-conformities.
- Analyze internal Audit.
- Perform root cause analysis wherever applicable and take corrective actions and preventive actions.
- Perform Management Review Meetings.
- Implement Management Review decisions/changes to your system.
- Invite a 3rd party Certification Authority for External Audits
- To implement any actions required to close non-conformities raised during the certification audit.
Get the certification after auditors approve the clauses.
Why Choose Us?
If you are looking or thinking about how to get ISO 29990 certification in Pakistan, you can reach out to us. We help our customers to consult free of cost. We have extensive experience in auditing and certifying a wide range of internationally recognized management systems, including ISO 29990. Our experienced team of global experts will guide you through the process, from on-site audits to certification.
We will help you to identify opportunities and minimize potential risks. Beyond the certification, we also provide feedback on the most effective ways to improve your existing procedures and enhance your company’s educational and training programs.
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification has a vast umbrella of certification services, including:
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management System
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System
- ISO 45001 – Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- ISO 55001 – Asset Management — Management Systems Requirements
- ISO 27001 – Information Security Management System
- ISO 20000 – IT Service Management System
- ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management System
- HACCP – Food Safety Management System
- Halal Certification
- ISO 21001 – Educational Organizations Management System
- ISO 20121 – Sustainability Event Management System
- ISO 22301 – Business Continuity Management System
- ISO 37001 – Anti-Bribery Management System
- ISO 28000 – Supply Chain Security Management System
- ISO 13485 – Quality Management Systems for Medical Devices
- ISO 39001 – Road Traffic Safety Management System
- ISO 31000 – Risk Management – Guidelines
- ISO 22716 – Good Manufacturing Practices for Cosmetics
Would you mind sending an Enquiry so we can assist you in getting certified?