What is Lifting Equipment Inspection?
The lifting Equipment Inspection Team shall inspect the lifting equipment and maintain a record for all devices subject to inspection/survey by an internal or external agency. The user department’s responsibility is to carry out the routine inspection of the lifting equipment before every use. However, the user can request the Inspection team to inspect any equipment whose reliability is doubtful.
How Often Should Lifting Equipment Be Inspected?
Inspection schedule for Cranes, Winches, Ginpole Truck, Pulley Blocks, Gin Wheels, and Sheer Legs:
- Inspection is to be made at least every six months.
- A thorough examination is to be made at least every six months.
- Testing must be carried out once a year or after substantial repairs/alterations.
- Gin pole trucks are to be tested at each commencement of work.
Inspection Schedule of Hoist used for lifting Goods and Passengers:
- Inspection is to be made at least once a week by the user.
- Through examination is to be made at least every six months.
- Testing must be carried out before first use and after repair or alteration.
- Any lifting tackle such as chain, rope, and eyebolt should be inspected at least once weekly. A load test must be carried out before first use and after any elongation, alteration, repair, or welding.
Lifting Equipment Inspection Services
Lifting Equipment Inspection Services are vitally essential, not only for worker safety but for proper operating standards. These Inspections are made compulsory by regulatory bodies and ensure the safety and reliability of your equipment. They are making sure that your workers and investment are safe.
During Inspection, a series of tests are done as mentioned in relevant standards of LEEA. These tests aim to check if the lifting equipment performs within the safety standards. e.g., one of the tests included lifting items with varying weights to see how the equipment performs under stress.
What are the benefits of Lifting Equipment Inspection?
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification must ensure safety for Lifting Equipment Inspections for the following reasons.
- Reduces downtime caused by the equipment breakdown—easy detection of hazardous conditions that can cause an accident.
- Lowers repair costs by correcting defects before the equipment is seriously or permanently damaged.
- It helps uncover any needs that may be dangerous to operators that are not easily seen while in operation.
What is Lifting Equipment Inspection Checklist?
The Checklist document is prepared for planning a critical lift by calculating and considering all factors that will affect the lift.
And thereby selecting the correct tools, Crane and ensuring the safe lifting procedure to be followed for the particular lift, giving details such as the size and safety factor, crane position, location or load, size of the gear, slings, load chart.
Why Choose Us?
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection and Certification has a long-standing reputation in Pakistan as the most reliable certification & Inspection services provider. Our Company performs inspections under the guidelines of LEEA (Lifting Equipment Engineers Association). We hold a vast clientele list in Pakistan, including the oil & Gas sector, Power sector, Logistics & FMCG companies. We have rich expertise in Lifting Equipment Inspection:
- Cranes (overhead crane inspection, Gantry, Crawler, Truck Mounted, Mobile Crane)
- Fork Lifts
- Chain Blocks
- Harness/ Belts
- Eye Bolts
- Aerial Platform
- Hydraulic Jack & pumps
Our people are well trained and experienced. So working with the TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification has the following benefits.
- Highly proficient specialists
- Specialized reporting system
- Unbiased & independent assessments
- Acquaintance with local regulatory requirements.
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification’s vast umbrella of inspection services includes:
- Third Party Inspection Services
- Pre-Shipment Inspection Services
- Risk-Based Inspection Services
- Crane Inspection Services
- QA / QC Services
- Construction Supervision Services
- Technical Manpower Supply Services
- Non Destructive Testing (NDT) Services
- Storage Tank Inspection Services
- Pressure Equipment Directive (PED)
- Pressure Vessel Inspection Services