How Does the ISO 14001 Certification Help with Waste Reduction?
The EMS, specifically the Environment Management System, is a comprehensive framework that sets out practices for organizations to reduce their environmental impacts, including the Waste generated by their processes. Every business needs to implement the best EMS to enhance its environmental performance. ISO 14001 is the globally recognized standard for EMS that helps them achieve that.
Hence, achieving the ISO 14001 Certification assures that they have the most credible EMS, which helps them reduce Waste and operate sustainably.
5 Keyways ISO 14001 Will Help to Reduce Waste in Your Business
A vital requirement of the ISO 14001 Standard is reducing Waste in businesses. The ISO 14001 compliant EMS will help you reduce or minimize Waste through the following effective practices.
- Reuse of wastes or by-products of other processes or services.
- Recovery of energy from accumulated wastes.
- Separating the Waste to identify which are recyclable and which are not.
- Performing audits to identify activities or processes where Waste can be reduced.
- Treating the wastes before disposal.
4 Benefits Your Business Can Get by Reducing Waste through the ISO 14001 EMS
The reduction of Waste in your business due to implementing the ISO 14001 EMS will also provide a few benefits.
- Cost savings on waste management positively impacts profitability.
- Reduction of Waste leads to operational efficiency, contributing to better business performance.
- Ensures your business complies with the latest environmental regulations, avoiding breaches or risk of litigations.
- Improves the company’s image and corporate reputation by demonstrating your commitment to reducing Waste or its impacts on the environment.
Are you considering getting the ISO 14001 Certification to reduce the release of Waste in your business? ISO 14001 is a generic and internationally acclaimed environmental management systems (EMS) standard that applies to companies of all types.