What is ISO 28000:2007 Supply Chain Security Management System?
ISO 28000 is an international standard that addresses the requirements of a Security Management System (SMS) for the supply chain, including those aspects critical to the security assurance of the supply chain. ISO 28000 certification applies to all sizes of organizations, from minor to multinational, in manufacturing, service, storage, or transportation at any stage of production or supply.
- Facilitate trade and expedite the transport of goods across borders.
- Monitor and manage security risks throughout your business and supply chain.
- Gain a competitive advantage and win new business.
- Encourage companies to secure their processes within supply chains.
- Reassure stakeholders of your organization’s commitment to the safety of individuals and the security of goods and services.
- Allows management to focus finite resources in areas of greatest concern.
- Benchmark your organization’s security management practices with international best practices.
- Achieve cost savings through a reduction in security incidents and a potential reduction in corporate insurance premiums.
- Gain opportunities to improve efficiency across working practice.
The global transportation of goods has never been so complex and poses many threats for organizations, including theft, terrorism, smuggling, preservation of brand integrity, and product safety. However, organizations can demonstrate that they have identified critical aspects of the security of their supply chain and have policies, procedures, and controls in place to manage security risks with ISO 28000.
An ISO 28000 compliant management system can improve your business confidence, reputation, and future growth by allowing you to respond to the increasing customer demands for proof of systematic security management.
ISO 28000 Series of Standards
- Specification for security management systems for the supply chain.
- Security management systems for the supply chain -Best practices for implementing supply chain security, assessments, and plans – Requirements & guidance.
- Security management systems for the supply chain – Requirements for bodies providing audit & certification of supply chain security management systems.
- Security management systems for the supply chain -Guidelines for implementing ISO 28000.
What is ISO 28000 Certification?
ISO 28000:2007 Certification describes the requirements for security management systems designed for supply chain management activities. Supply Chain Security Management System is linked with multiple aspects of the supply chain business, especially those that are most critical and required for security assurance.
ISO 28000:2007 – Supply Chain Security Management System (SCSMS) does not limit to a specific type or format of organization. It can be used in any type of organization, whether it’s a small, medium, or large enterprise. The most common usage of this standard is visible in manufacturing, warehouses, and transportation companies.
Things to Deal with ISO 28000:2007 Certifications
For any organization dealing with B2C business, maintaining and implementing an effective supply chain is an essential factor that can help organizations reduce costs, maintain a faster production cycle and remain competitive in the business landscape.
Hence Supply Chain management remains a crucial process in the B2C landscape.
The supply chain, at its core, is a network between a company and its suppliers to produce and distribute a specific product to the final buyer; this network includes different activities, entities, people, information, and resources. Since the primary functions involved in a supply chain including product development, operations, marketing, distribution, finance, and customer service, along with entities ranging from producers, transportation companies, vendors, warehouses, etc.,
Providing security assurance by implementing an effective security management system is a key aspect of any supply chain. It applies to all sizes of organizations, from minor to multinational, in manufacturing, storage, service, or transportation, at any stage of production or supply chain, and Global quality service wishes to –
- Establish, implement, maintain and improve security management policy.
- Assure conformance with security policy.
- Demonstrate conformance to others.
- Seek certification for its security policy.
What are the Key Clauses of ISO 28000 Certification?
The ISO 28000 is organized into the following main clauses:
- Clause 4.2: Security Management Policy
- Clause 4.3: Security Risk Assessment & Planning
- Clause 4.4: Implementation & Operation Clause
- Clause 4.5: Checking & Corrective Action Clause
- Clause 4.6: Management Review & Continual Improvement
What are the benefits of Applying ISO 28000 to your Organization?
1). Managing Risk
Manage security risks throughout your organization and supply chain. Stimulate businesses to protect their processes within supply chain management.
2). Financial Performance
Allow Management to target specific resources in fields of maximum concern. Decrease expenses through reduction of insecurity cases and possible reduction in corporate insurance premiums.
3). Increase Profitability
Reduce the number of clients you lose and increase the system’s efficiency in general.
4). Operational Improvement
Simplify your business and advance the transport of goods across borders. Target your organization’s security management practices with international best practices.
5). Organizational Reputation
Assure partners of your business engagement to the safety of people and security of services and goods.
6). Advertising Benefit
Create new opportunities and gain new business.
What is ISO 28000 Certification Process?
Complete a Contact Request form to help us understand your business and what you want to accomplish. We use the information to provide your organization with a formal quote.
2). Accept & Schedule
Once you accept the proposal, we will schedule the certification process with a TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification (Pvt.) Ltd. assessor expertly qualified in your industry. The program consists of a mandatory Stage 1 and Stage 2 audit that comprises Initial Certification.
Following the successful completion of Stage 2 and certification panel review, certification to the agreed standard is issued by TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification (Pvt.) Ltd. You will receive printed and electronic copies of the certification, valid for three years and maintained through annual surveillance reviews.
Why Choose Us?
ISO 28000:2007 is one certification that provides specifications for implementing an effective security management system for supply chains. TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification (Pvt.) Ltd. makes sure that the best ISO Certification services reach the people. Since a supply chain includes several functions and entities, such a specification proves helpful and effective in implementing a durable and secure supply chain.
And the development of such an international standard addressing security management provides a broader interface with existing enterprise risk management, giving a common integrated platform.
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification is a reputed company that helps businesses achieve their concerned management certifications. We provide comprehensive services to businesses that need ISO certifications, including:
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management System
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System
- ISO 45001 – Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- ISO 55001 – Asset Management — Management Systems Requirements
- ISO 27001 – Information Security Management System
- ISO 20000 – IT Service Management System
- ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management System
- HACCP – Food Safety Management System
- Halal Certification
- ISO 21001 – Educational Organizations Management System
- ISO 29990 – Learning Services Management System
- ISO 20121 – Sustainability Event Management System
- ISO 22301 – Business Continuity Management System
- ISO 37001 – Anti-Bribery Management System
- ISO 13485 – Quality Management Systems for Medical Devices
- ISO 39001 – Road Traffic Safety Management System
- ISO 31000 – Risk Management – Guidelines
- ISO 22716 – Good Manufacturing Practices for Cosmetics
What is Supply Chain?
A supply chain implies a network between a company and its suppliers to produce and distribute a specific product to the final buyer. It represents the necessary steps to get the product or service from its original (raw) state to the customer (final product). The entities involved in the supply chain include producers, vendors, warehouses, transportation companies, distribution centers, and retailers. Supply Chain Management is crucial as it results in lower costs and a faster production cycle.
Why is Supply Chain Security Management System Important?
ISO 28000 Certification demonstrates that you are an asset to your organization. It specifies that you are a trustworthy expert. It enables an organization to establish a Security Management System (SMS), ensuring sound management and control of security and threats from supply chain partners and logistical operations. With ISO 28000 Certification, organizations will gain visibility in the market, improving their profitability and quality.